From:
Dee gage <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Jan 2007 08:47:44 -0800
Pets In America is a nationally traveling exhibition organized by the
McKissick Museum, The University of South Carolina. This exhibit has
been running at the Public Museum in Grand Rapids, Michigan, since
September and ends February 25 with exhibits and weekend activities
free with Museum admission. This weekend, January 13, "Furry Little
Friends" programming takes place.

Ferrets from the West Michigan Ferret Connection will be ambassadors
for the ferret community that day from 11:00am - 3:00pm at the Public
Museum. The address is 272 Pearl Street NW, Grand Rapids, MI.

Admission to the Museum is $8 for adults, $3 for children 3-17, free
for children 2 and under. $7 for Senior Citizens 62 and over. There's
a AAA discount of $1. The planetarium is $3.

Also, I might add, it's a good time to come downtown Grand Rapids. The
Public Museum is across the street from the Gerald "Our" Ford Museum,
which was the center of national attention last week for our 38th
President's homecoming and funeral. If anyone is interested is viewing
beautiful and poignant photography from those days, may I direct you to
http://www.woodtv.com/Global/category.asp?C=91114&nav=menu44_13

On a personal note, I went to the Ford Museum the night after President
Ford died and signed the memory book. I wanted to go last Tuesday to
pay my respects when the President was lying in state but decided
against it when I heard there were 60,000 people waiting in line and
the wait was like 6-8 hours. I took a friend downtown Friday nite after
the funeral to visit the Memorial Wall and the burial site. It's a very
"grounding" experience.

Dee Gage
owner/operator, West Michigan Ferret Connection
co-founder, Midwest Ferret Fellowship
member, State of Michigan Dept of Agriculture Companion Animal Advisory
Committee