From:
Suni Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Jun 1998 12:42:53 EDT
:(
Sad news today.  My precious Oliver didn't make it out of recovery from his
adrenal surgery this past Friday.... The tumor wad malignant and had spread.
The surgery was too much for him.  When we found the tumor had spread to the
intestines we opted to close him up so I could bring him home in hopes we'd
have a few more months together, but it was not meant to be.

I went to check on Oliver after dinner Friday night and hoped he'd take a
dropper of Pedialyte, but he didnt want any.  I tucked him in and got up to
leave him to rest, but when I did he lifted his head, looked at me and
started to cry, so I went to him, picked him up and held him in my arms...he
stared at me for a few moments and I knew he was trying to say goodbye...I
took him down to see my husband and again he just stared at him and then
began to cry again....then he looked at me, sighed and was quiet.  He quit
breathing a few moments later in my arms.  Oliver is my first ferret to
pass way and I feel so lost right now.  He came to me from a close friend
who had taken him in when his owner left him sick and uncared for at a
local human agency.  He had the adrenal tumor removed at that time but it
was right sided so not all could be taken out.  It's return was inevitable.
Oliver was such a love!  He didnt like other ferrets or our dog, but he
loved people to a degree that was unmeasurable.  His love in life was to be
in our arms or near us at all times and he was constantly climbing up in
our laps so he could give us kisses.  He sought human contact out and he
was always giving us chapped lips and foreheads with his affection and we
were constantly having to put him down for fear he'd like us till we had no
skin left:) He was great if you needed to be exfoliated!

I am so greatful to have had Oliver in our lives and even more greatful to
be there for him in his last moments.  He was and will always be a very
special ferret and I will miss him dearly.

Oliver was 6 1/2 and we will bury him in a special place in our yard near
the strawberry bushes that he loved to romp around in.