From:
Danny Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Aug 1995 02:43:58 UT
Well, it has been over two weeks, and Buster's condition has changed a bit.
It seems he had some type of secondary infection  (Dr. Williams does
helicobacter usually do this?) which we have disposed of.  His severe fever
has now been gone for about a week (had to get an injection to do that).

All he is showing now is "classical" signs of ulcers.  Very tarry stools,
grinding of the teeth, sometimes heaving like he wants to vomit (I hope no
one is eating breakfast :)  ), left eye squints and gets very watery during
feedings, and he is a lathargic bag of bones.  But he has started to drink
some of the pedialyte on his own.  (Side note:  my other discovered his
pedialyte, and just loves it!  If she missed the litter box, I'm gonna need a
boat!  Should I limit her consumption?)

I was wondering if there might be anything else I can do for him or give him
(where are those miracle drugs)?  His feedings are becoming quite a hassle.
He now only volunteers perhaps 3cc of food simply to please me.  The rest is
a big messy fight.  I hate it, but he simply will not eat otherwise.  And
that is the only time he gets any exercise/activity.

Right now, my vet has him on Baytril (one eyedropper full, twice daily), and
Reglan Syrup (.25cc, twice daily).  When his nose gets real congested, he
also gets .20cc of Benadryl.  Naturally he gets his duck soup mixture and
pepto.  He still seems to be losing some muscle mass though.  Would you have
any more suggestions Dr.  Williams?  I would name my next little boy after
you, if you don't think it would cause any confusion on the FML <g>.  I'm
still amazed how you 'diagnosed' my fuzzy from over a thousand miles away
with my vague descriptions months before it even got so bad.  Any tips for
keeping the problem at bay, once we have licked it would sure be appreciated
too.

Danny Williams