Date:
Fri, 22 Aug 2003 03:05:30 -0700
Kathy Gallagher wrote:
> Subject: Check your system for viruses

 > From: <kewlkritters@........>
 > To: <[log in to unmask]>
 > Subject: Re: Re: My details
 > Date: Thursday, August 21, 2003 9:56 AM
 >
 > Please see the attached file for details.

>I got this email from kewlcritters, a person I don't normally correspond
>with.  If you have this person in your address book or know this person,
>check for viruses

BIG is correct.  Keep your anti-virus programs up to date.  I run MacAfee
on my personal machine, and also run the on-line version of an anti-virus
program.  Since I also work at a computer store, whenever I have a doubt,
I bring it in to them for a complete check and clean up (I get some
really neat patches and software to help keep it clean).

The other night I received a warning email about the virus.  And after
that were at least 5 emails that DID have the subject lines MacAfee was
warning about.  All were deleted without opening.  You can check MacAfee,
Norton, and AVG websites for information about the virus and a caution on
what the subject lines of suspect emails may be.

And, since I don't have Kat listed in my address book, the origin was
elsewhere.  I did do a double check just in case <G>.

Warm Fuzzies ~!~!~!

Kevin B & The Way Kewl Kritter Crew    [log in to unmask]
Oregon Ferret Shelter volunteer http://www.OregonFerretShelter.com
Pacific Ferret Shelter Network VP http://www.FERRETNET.ORG