From:
julie mattingly <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Mar 2002 07:56:12 -0800
Hello everyone!  I've been reading the FML since about September of 2001
and have only written once.  I have to adorable, yet mischievous boys -
Spike (a blaze) and Poli (a DEW).  I have had Poli for 3 years and Spike
for 2.  I used to work at Pet Food Center here in Owensboro, KY and they
mysteriously followed me home.  From working in a pet store that sold
ferrets, I know how bad they've got it.  I was only a cashier but
occasionally snuck to the back to check out the babies.  Unfortunately
they always had 7" high piles of poop and was told that they were related
to CATS!!  Well it's been about 2 years since I worked there and am pretty
knowledgable about ferts now.  Man, the things they told people just to
sell a ferret!!  I still visit there and have to check on all the animals.
Pet store animals, in Owensboro anyway, have it pretty rough.  But anyways.

My two boys were looking pretty rough when I brought them home and, as of
a few months ago, Poli (DEW) had some skin issues - chewing real bad (his
bottom teeth are worn down to the gum!!), having red spots and coarse
hair.  I tried shampoos, raw liver (vet suggestion), prednisone, several
kinds of foods and supplements.  Nothing worked.  But within the last
maybe 4 months I have been using Superior Choice Ferret Food from the
Ferret Store.  We all love it!!  Poli is so much healthier - he doesn't
chew near as bad and his skin isn't red and he's much softer, Spike has
also put on alot of weight.  I guess Poli just a food alergy (?).

I also had a question.  With my last order from the Ferret Store, I got
some of that Toob Snax treats (I think it's the Banana/Raisin flavored).
It smells awfully tart and my boys were hesitant to try it, but they
scrunched the noses and licked it.  But they will only take about 3 licks
of it and stop.  I was wondering if it's too sweet for the and if it would
raise their blood sugar too much.  I didn't know it would be so fruity and
tart.  I haven't given it to them for several days b/c I didn't want them
to get sick from it.  I also give them MF Bandits Treats.  If anyone out
there has tried Toob Snax, please share your experiences with me and if
it's harmful or not.

Thanks a bunch.
Julie,the 2 best boys ever, Spike and Poli & oh yeah Buster the dog and
Chee-to the cat.