From:
Rebecca Stout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Mar 2004 16:32:14 EST
Yah, you know Shron it gets really bad when you're human kids are beyond
babyhood and you're still frequenting the infant and todler isles just so
you can dream about being able to afford this and that wonderful toy for
your ferret.  Especially when you are in the company of friends and their
kids.... and you vere off into that direction and they follow behind you
very bewildered.

"Uh, Chet and Sean are teenagers now.... why are we in this isle?" says
our friend.

"Lookin' for something...." I say, preoccupied with my hunt and studying
the products.

"Oh.  What?" replies the confused friend.

"I"ll know when I see it," says my husband.

And just when they are screwing up their faces puzzled and bored, one us
will shout out, "Oh looooooooook!  How adorable...... wouldn't Pong just
love this....", or one of my boys will run up with an extra soft stuffie
and say, "Mom feel!  Ping is gonna freak over this, can we get it for em?"

I am not exaggerating when I say it's not that unusual for us to walk out
with a couple of things for the ferrets and either nothing for our kids,
or things of equal value.  We window shop for ferrets constantly.  We
usually don't buy things unless they are used as we can't afford it.  But
we still can't resist that occasional thing for them, and its not always
from a petstore.  Picture Scott walking into "manland" (Lowes or Home
Depot) with a redneck buddy down here and belching.  PIcture the redneck,
adjusting his cap and heading off to the plumbing section.  Then picture
Scotts joy to find pipes, plexiglass, and all sorts of options for
ferrets.  And lastly picture Scott coming home with tubes, or carpet
runner and other home things specifically for the ferrets but nothing in
hand for the house.  No drill.  No new screwdrivers, not quickcrete.....
no nuts.  It happens to the best of us.

I have one little girl ferret who eats everything.  So she'd lover
Rocky's FFC club.  Pong may be interested even though he eats nothing but
kibble just because he wants to sniff fruit.  He has this thing where he
wants to lick apples dry.  Not eat them.  Just lick em.  lol.

Wolfy