From:
Lisa Goggins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Apr 2002 11:16:15 -0400
I have written here several times about problems I am having with things
my vet is telling me and I am at the end of the rope here.  My vet is
recommened on a couple of ferret sites I have read.  But, I had called
his office yesterday and wanted him to call me because Otis was still
staggering around and I thought maybe we should up his pred.  In the
beginning he had put Otis on pred and the diazozide stuff but I decided
on my own terms that I would try the Pred first and then try the other
later.  Because of all I have read I thought that was the best to do.

But, Today I get the call back from the vet who sounds very upset with me
and basically told me I either need to trust what he is telling me to do
or find another vet.  I thought this was a little rude but am I wrong?  He
says I cant believe what I hear on the internet.  But, its not just the
internet I have spoken with probably 50 different ferret owners on this
list...are all of you wrong?  I dont think so.  So, he actually made me
cry and I am so beat down on all of this and I sometimes wonder if maybe
it would just be best to let Otis go but that is so selfish and I know I
just need to keep trying but 5 years of watching him die is really taking
a toll on my life.  What should I do?  I really dont know should I listen
to my vet who has performed 1 successful adreanl surgery on Otis and 1
not.  Who mixed Otis pred with Karo syrup and doesnt want to up it because
he says Pred has so many bad side effects and start using this drug which
I have read has worse side effects and is so expensive it will leave me
scrapping for months to come on top of his Lupron shot coming up?

I Just need a little encouragement right now and Otis needs me too and I
just cant do this much longer...

Lisa