Date:
Wed, 2 Jan 2002 09:33:26 EST
Hi FML,

I just wanted to let you all know about some wood pellets that I bought at
Home Depot recently.  Normally, I buy low ash pellets.  My husband came
home with HIGH ash pellets.  They are composed of tree bark.  They are
dark brown and smell very strongly of bark...kinda of like a mulch smell.
My husband bought five bags, I returned three.

Not only do I not like the smell, but the dark color makes it very hard to
inspect the litter boxes.  There is not enough contrast in color.

Just wanted to give you all a heads up.  I have another vendor that I can
get my usual pellets from, so I'm not limited to Home Depot.

Also, someone wanted know about pine pellets.  They are fine to use in the
litter box.  They just cost a lot more than wood stove pellets do.  I only
pay about $4.00 for a 40 lb.  bag.

Bye!

Dee