From:
Mellisa Eberle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Jan 2005 01:10:35 -0600
The previous posts about "Hurones" peaked my curiosity.  Maybe the
gentleman was confused by seeing ferrets used for hunting purposes and
jumped to the conclusion that ferrets exist in the wild.  Perhaps the
"hunting ferrets" are housed outside?

http://www.terralia.com/revista20/pagina71.asp
This website has pictures of what appears to be just normal ferrets,
outdoors, under a net.  I got a chopped up translation of the website -
it gives information on how to hunt rabbits with ferrets.  Basically,
ferrets chase the rabbits into a pouch held by the hunter.

http://www.terralia.com/revista21/pagina56.asp
More pictures of the practice of hunting with ferrets.

http://www.ammvepe.com/mascota/hcaracteristicas.html
The second picture on this page shows what appears to me to be a rather
large ferret, or hurone.  Not 15 pounds, one large ferret!  Just a
typical domesticated ferret!

Mellisa (Cid, Hope, and Boo - hunters of socks only!)