From:
"Ferret Aid Society..." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Apr 1998 17:01:30 -0400
Some of you may remember Harley from last year.  He was the ferret whom we
thought had lymphoma (due to what we thought was a tumor in his eye), but
turned out that someone kicked or hit him in the face causing him to loose
that eye and produce an absess type bacterial infection called ACTINOMYCES.

Well, Harley's in trouble again.  Due to ECE being very new in Ontario (and
at our shelter), a lot of the veterinarians here are shunning us like the
plague.  Our own personal vet is different, however he is not sure what else
he can do to help Harley.

Harley's good eye (the one he has left) has begun to leek out yellow-green
puss.  This tells me that there is another abcess growing in his good eye.
I'm scared for this ferret and he's been on Antirobe antibiotics now for 2
months and before that he was on Amoxi for 1 month.  Nothing we are doing
seems to help, but Harley continues to play like a normal ferret and doesn't
seem to be in pain.

Please, if there are any Vets out there or anyone who could shed some light
on this little boy's future, please help him.

Randy

The Ferret Aid Society
http://home.echo-on.net/~magick