From:
Joan McRorie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Aug 1999 22:38:33 EDT
My apologies for being four days overdue in posting this.  For anyone
sending e-mail to Meg Carpenter at Chaotic Ferrets and wondering WHY she
hasn't responded, it's because her lifetime-guaranteed, top-of-the-line
laptop did the unspeakable.  It crossed Rainbow Bridge.  Hopefully it ended
up in the community litter box where it will receive its appropriate
eternal reward.  At least that's the feeling Meg expressed after this event
occurred.  And if that's not bad enough, her back-up laptop lost the use of
its modem.  A tragic event ... seems we were having a ferret family reunion
last Thursday night ... kit-cousins, aunts and uncles running all over the
place while Meg and I discussed various topics of global concern (while
watching the Home Shopping Network!).  Somehow the ferrets decided it would
be funny to chew on this dangling cord ... attached to a little metal plug
 ... attached to a PCMIA (or whatever) card ... that just HAPPENED to be
Meg's last link to cyberspace.  Thank goodness they didn't find her car
keys!  Or her password!!!  Wonder what a "dook" room might be like?
Anyway, Meg is now incommunicado for approximately two to three months.
The parts for her computer come by snail mail via the proverbial slow boat
from you-know-where (C****q land).  She says her phone still works,
though, provided that the fuzzbutts don't hide it from her.  The number is
(703) 765-4353 ... if she doesn't answer, leave a message.  The ferrets
MIGHT let her listen to it if they're not too busy watching the Ferret
Shopping Network!  Hope she hid the VISA card!!!