From:
Stephanie Grant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Apr 2005 23:04:11 -0700
With a heavy heart, tonight, about 9 PM, I had to pack up Gracie and head
to the local Emergency Vet, her last trip in the car.  Her date at the
Bridge was now and she was ready to go and be reborn.  She was about 8
1/2+ years old, one of the "Bald is Beautiful" Girls, blind, she had
Adrenal, Insulinoma and a tumor.  She was the last of the Original Closet
Thieves.

Gracie & her brother George were left at our Vet back in 1997,
uncontrollable nippers.  Gracie and her brother George were always into
something.  She had a personality that was one in a million.  She was
know by many names, a few were: Gracie Girl, Little Dancer, Sweetheart,
Queen Snot, 2nd Story Girl.  She could get up into anything, including
the mail slot, followed closely by her brother George.  There was nothing
and no where she couldn't get.  While living at the Vet's, she did her
daily rounds to check on all the patients at the Vet Hospital, they just
couldn't keep her in the cage.  While being Ferret Sat, (while we moved a
few years ago), the wonderful ferret sitters would arrive in the morning
to open up their business and find her waiting on the other side of the
gate for them to arrive.  She was checking to see what time they punched
in.  How she got out of that cage, under the office door, was unknown
until the the day I came to bring them all home.  She was caught in the
act, she knew I was on my way to pick them all up and take them to their
new home.

She was always a happy girl, up to the very end.  Life was to enjoy and
she did, every moment, even when she lost her sight & got so feeble she
wasn't able to run, play & war dance with the rest anymore.  A good meal,
fresh water, a good sniff here & there and a cozy nap.

Please would one of you Rainbow Greeters make sure that Spanky & the
Closet Thieves at Rainbow Bridge meet her when she arrives.  She will
be the one wearing the sparkling sable coat, when she arrives.  We (my
son & I) know she now has her pretty coat back and dancing her way across
the Bridge, expecting to be met by Spanky, her brother George, Moose,
Sam, Claudia, SnowFlake, Sonny & Cher, Jethro, & Scarlett O'Ferret.  She
promised to tell them how much we love & miss them.

Stephanie and Joe & the 5 Sad little Closet Thieves:
Nikki, Ruby Jean, Frodo, Milo, & Ellie Mae