From:
Melissa Russo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Jul 2000 14:32:04 EDT
Hi all fellow pets and pet lovers!

I have been using the new clear litter pearls with my ferret as well as my
bunnies.  It works great!  The pearls work by soaking up and evaporating
any moisture from urine and feces, thus greatly reducing the smell.  Also
it is non-toxic, completely biodegradable, and scoopable.  Because of this,
one bag(@ $8.99)lasts a long time.  It is very safe for all animals and I
would highly recommend it.  The website is www.litterpearls.com if you
would like to read more about it.(the only one I don't use it for is my
cat-we tried it, but he kept spilling it everywhere when he dug around,
so I had to go back to regular scoopable litter)

As for food, Bandit started out eating Marshall Farms' food.  She liked
it and I had no problems with it, except that I wanted to switch to a
different brand b/c of my personal beliefs and the whole Marshall Farms/lab
ferrets thing.  So I asked my vet(who is EXCELLENT with all my pets and has
fuzzies of her own) what she fed hers.  She said that Marshall Farms is the
only ferret food she would recommend, and she also recommends high quality
kitten food.  So we switched to Eukanuba Kitten Food, which is the brand
she uses.  It has worked out well, and Bandit, who likes to snack on cat
and dog food anyway, is happy!

-M & her zoo:  Pumpkin the dog, Willy the cat, Bandit the ferret, & Patches
and Matty bunnies! :)

Melissa Russo

"What do we live for if not to make life less difficult for each other?"
                        -George Eliot