From:
Tikki Mite <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Mar 1998 08:03:11 EST
It's been a long week.  CD who has had adrenal surgery Nov of 1996 and
kidney stones removed at the same time is at it again.  We just got him
back from having his kidney flushed again.  And of course his right adrenal
has regrown and is 3 times the size when originally removed.  Now I have
the decision as to how I want this treated.  Dr Culver is researching the
entire removal of the adrenal which has invaded the caudal lobe of the
liver and appears to have invaded the caudal vena cava as well.  Treatment
would include ligating the caudal vena cava in order to remove the entire
tumor.  Prognosis is guarded.  CD is approx. 4 yrs old.  I need input from
the experts here.  Dr Culver is willing to do the surgery for the cost of
the isoflurane as this will be a learning surgery for him.  I am not
concerned about his talent as a surgeon, I have complete faith in his
ability.  What I am concerned with is CD and wether or not it will be
beneficial to him.  My other option is to treat with meds.  I'm not going
to say money is not a factor here but I have that covered.  I'm going to be
working Saturdays for a while.  Oh well, my ferrets are 1/2 of my life
anyway :-) my husband is the other half.  CD is very much worth it as are
all of my kids.  Taz is to undergo surgery soon.  I've got to get CD
settled first.

I read the FML daily or please feel free to E-mail me at:
Tikki [log in to unmask]
Thank  you so much   I appreciate your ears as well as your thoughts.

Terry and the Nifty 19