Date:
Thu, 20 Sep 2007 21:11:06 -0400
Hi,can anyone help me with a few ?s. My ferret has been showing the
classic signs of ulcer,helicobacter mustelae, related stomach problems,
with occational blood in his stool. He is on clavamox,biaxin both 2
times per day with carafate 3 per day before meals. I know about the
bland diet,been feeding gerbers stage 2.,

One question, can I supplement at least half and half of his regular
food watered down into duck soup with the baby food.,or at least
supplement 1 meal with duck soup., and baby food the others,or is duck
soup not bland enough to help heal his problem? What other alternitives
for bland food are there? Anyone have any easy recipies,or ideas? .,

question 2., carafate is supposed to be taken on an empty stomach,but
getting it in your ferret is easier said than done.,is it ok to mix it
in with a little ferretvite or ferritone,then wait 10 mins,and feed?

Last but not least,started him a week ago on oral melatonin,for
suspected adrenal., to go with his lupron.,do I need to stop the
melatonin,while he is on these meds, and while he has this
condition???? Searched everywhere,called pharmacist ect.,and there
really is nothing stateing it is a problem. Does anyone know.,or has
anyone been in this situation,that can tell me what they did?

Thank you all.,very much!!

P.m.s. Don't have one vet at this time,been using a couple different
ones for now,and each one had different answers.

Thank you,again!!!

--aliano