From:
Linda Iroff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Feb 1997 09:01:38 -0500
The Columbus Pet Expo was a great success.  We gave out tons of free
literature (including over 110 copies of Pam Greene's mini-faq) until
everything was gone, talked to lots of people (both ferret owners and
owner-wannabes) about ferret care, shared cute ferret stories, let people
cuddle ferrets, sold books, clear dryer hoses, magazines and crock-locs, and
took in two rescues.

I want to thank Jean Caputo-Lee of Ferrets Unlimited for being there the
_whole_ time, and organizing the whole thing; Mary and Eric for the copies
of Modern Ferret #8; Pat and Darlene for getting the books and dryer hoses,
respectively, to us on time; Barb for the turtleneck with the lovely ferret
painted on it (Can you believe her daughter wouldn't wear it?  My daughter
wore it the next 3 days in a row!); Trouble for rolling over so many times
on the concrete floor for ferretone and other treats, to the amusement of
the assembled crowds; Bruiser for being so patient; and Iams, Innova,
Performance Foods (Totally Ferret), and Premium Edge for the food samples to
distribute.  And if I forgot anybody, thank you, too!

Turns out there will be another Pet Expo, this time at the IX Center in
Cleveland, in October.  This one we'll have plenty of time to get ready for
(compared to the 3 weeks notice we had on the Columbus one!) Will post more
info when the time comes.  Hope to see you there!

Linda Iroff
North Coast Ferret Shelter
Serving Northeast Ohio
http://www.oberlin.edu/~liroff/ncfs.html