From:
Gosia Pasternak-McMurry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Sep 1999 23:00:54 -0000
Thanks a lot for the many ideas of how to care for Mufu.  I went to a vet
who was referred to me by the Ferret Rescue Association of California,
yesterday and we did an ultrasound and an X-ray, and guess what....nothing.
They can't see anything wrong, but her liver enzyme values are 10 times
higher than normal, so as a last straw she gave her antibiotics and
vitamins and we are supposed to check in 14 days.  I wonder if anyone has
had this type of experience before?  One thing is working for her, she
started eating much better than before, and now I give her some Nutri-Cal
and some A/D in addition to what she will eat by herself.  She was very
brave when they shaved her tummy and did the ultrasound, which took quite a
long time as the vet was trying to find something, but couldn't, the only
thing was that her liver was very small, which I guess is really bad
considering the liver enzyme values.  Please let me know if anyone has any
idea what might be going on.

Gosia