From:
Lynn Mcintosh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 May 1996 14:24:35 -0700
Hi,

I wanted to post an update for all the kind people who have sent us warm
wishes.

Squeek, the baby ferret who grew ill and lost his ability to walk and hold
his head up, is not a lot better, I'm very sorry to say.  He's grown a bit,
which is a good sign for a ferret under three months old.  But his
locomotive ability is still confined to attempts to crawl, often resulting
in rolling over and around.  He can't hold his head up well enough to eat on
his own.  He often looks sad, except when it's nice enough to take him
outdoors, which perks him up.

He has played a bit, and crawled over to chew on my SO's keys after we fed
him last night.  He still likes his favorite old places, a paper bag, my
neck, the heater vent in the bathroom, his sleeping bag.  His mom still
cleans him and loves him.  He likes to cuddle with the ferrets he's been
friends with.  This is one of the worst things that's ever happened to me,
and is tragic for him.  He'll go off prednisone soon, and finished two weeks
of antibiotics last weekend.

From what I've read in medical journals, his symptoms look a lot like the
three different types of cerebral palsy.

He's still a beautiful baby, still, though.

For those of you who've written or continue to write, thank you so very
much, and please don't forget us in your prayers or good thoughts.

Squeek thanks you too.

With teary eyes,

Lynn Mc.