From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Jul 1996 11:40:55 -0400
Hi.  There have been several questions lately about the shelf life of
Totally Ferret food, but I haven't seen anything mentioned about dealing
with bugs that get into the food bags.

We have only 1 ferret so we don't use up a bag of food right away.  We keep
some of the food in a large covered jar and the rest in the original bag
(closed on a shelf in a closet).  We just noticed that there are little bugs
(mealy bugs?) in the bag of food.  Has anyone had experience with this?  Can
we just pick the bugs out and use the food anyway?  Or have the bugs
contaminated the food in some way (with eggs or whatever) so we should throw
it out?

Thanks for any and all suggestions!