From:
Kevin & Julie Groninga <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Nov 2004 12:24:55 -0700
Wuzzles Ferret Frolic 2005
Saturday January 22, 2005   8:30am-4:00pm
Westwind Academy   2045 W. Northern Ave.  Phoenix, AZ
Contact: Julie Groninga   (602)547-0031   mailto:[log in to unmask]
http://www.wuzzles.com/ferrets/

Download Adobe PDF Flyer (8Mb, full color)
http://azrtl.com/ferret_frolic_flyer.pdf

Everyone is cordially invited to come and enjoy a day of ferret fun and
games at the second Wuzzles Ferret Frolic!  Our last event was over a
year ago and we've gotten so many requests to have another 'fun-day' that
we decided it was about time to do it again!  So come and spend a day
meeting other ferret-fanatics, enjoying some games, contests and maybe
sit in on some seminars being presented by three of Phoenix's best ferret
veterinarians.  This years event promises to be something special.  We've
gotten quite a bit of help from our friends and we've been able to expand
the events taking place to include the following...

Ferret Games & Contests: Now what kind of a 'frolic' would it be without
some events especially suited for our little 'slinkies'?  Last year we
had 'tunnels races' , a 'wagon pull' event and a sort of 'Easter basket'
game.  This year we'll be adding some new games and hopefully having
contests for other specialties like 'Best Dressed' or 'Most Cuddly'.

Presentations/Seminars: Local veterinarians Dr. Wayne Svoboda,
Dr. Jeanette Molina and Dr. T. Driggers have graciously accepted our
invitations to come and give presentations on several subjects that
will be of interest to almost any ferret owner.  Two of the seminars
will be 'Ferret Wellness, Care and Adrenal Disease' by Dr. Driggers and
'Insulinoma and Ulcers' by Dr. Jeanette Molina.  Dr. Svoboda will
probably be hosting a general 'Question and Answer' session that we're
sure will be very enlightening!

Raffles: This years raffle will probably include several items that are
being donated by various vendors.  We may also be able to offer some
beautiful artwork or reprints by local ferret artists.

Nail Clip/Ear Cleaning: Now would we want our fuzz-butts to be seen out
in public without a nice pedicure and looking sharp?  Certainly not...
So this year we'll have a booth set up where you can have your kids nails
done and they can get pampered a bit.

Digital Photographers: This year we be having a couple of photographers
come and help us to 'capture the memories'.  Some of them will have
digital cameras and we should be able to reprint colors photos (same
day).  This would be a wonderful opportunity to have your picture taken
with your fuzzies and maybe even get that special 'portrait' to send your
family.

Vendors: We'd like to extend an open invitation to all ferret and
pet-related product vendors to come and set up a small booth at this
year's event.  If you'd be interested in knowing more about the event or
want to ask questions about marketing your products, PLEASE give us a
call at the phone number above!

Swap Meet/Rummage: Okay, so who doesn't have some extra ferret supplies
just lying about, gathering dust?  This might be a chance for you to sell
(or trade) those items for something you really need!  You may also have
items you'd like to donate to one of the local ferret shelter/rescue
organizations.  Heaven knows they could always use a little extra help.
Donating items, food and supplies is a great way to support those folks
who do so much to help homeless or unwanted fuzzies and extend their
hearts (and pocketbooks) to those ferrets in need...

Shelter/Rescue Adoptions: We're also inviting many of the statewide
shelter/rescues to come and take applications for adoptions.  We know
several of these shelters really need to find 'forever', loving homes for
some of the many fuzz-butts that they're caring for.  Most are in great
health and only need for a family to love them and give them a second
chance.  If you are a shelter/rescue or know of one that would be
interested in attending our event, PLEASE have them contact us at the
phone number above.

Food and Beverages: All concessions are being handled by Westwind
Academy.  Proceeds from food and beverage sales are going to help build
Westwind Academy a new gymnasium in exchange for allowing us to your
their property for our event.  (Our thanks to Mrs. Tualla from Westwind
Academy for allowing us to use the schools grounds.  We couldn't have
asked for a nicer venue!)

All proceeds from the frolic will be used to help needy ferrets.  Could
there be any better cause?

If you'd like to download the full-color, printer ready version of the
Adobe PDF file, you can click on the following link.  The flyer is about
8Mb, so depending upon your connection, it may take a little while
download.  You will also need Adobe Acrobat Reader in order to view the
flyer.  The free version of Acrobat Reader is available on the Adobe web
site.

Link to download full-color flyer:
http://azrtl.com/ferret_frolic_flyer.pdf

All of the event information and download links are also available on
our home page at: http://www.wuzzles.com/ferrets/

And lastly, please feel free to cross-post this e-mail to any other
ferret-related e-mail groups that you are aware of.