From:
[log in to unmask] (Elizabeth Watt)
Date:
Thu, 13 Oct 1994 18:52:13 -0400
It's been a bad Fall for colds ect. around here, and I got a good dose of
bronchitis, which I generously shared with the ferrets.  Hops and Max got
over their coughing and sneezing in less than 48 hours, so I didn't worry
about them.  Benn, on the other hand, had it for 3 days, so we went
straight to the vet.  (My sister is of the opinion that Benn stayed sick
just so he could visit the vet, he really likes the vet).  He had a little
noise in one lung, so amoxycillin was prescribed (Benn loves it).  While I
was there, I asked the vet about food alternatives for Benn, since I still
can find only one that is free of corn, which Benn is allergic to.  While
we were talking the vet continued to check Benn over, and found a lump
(about 1/4" diametre, 1+" long) just below the middle of his ribs.  Benn
has been known to have stools lump up in his bowel, but this didn't seem
to be stool.  Needless to say, this was very worrisome.  The vet thought
maybe Benn had eaten something he shouldn't have, which was hard but not
causing a blockage (no vomiting, normal stools in the litterbox).  He told
me to keep an eye on it and bring Benn back for a recheck in a few days,
if necessary he would do tests then, after Benn's cold was better.  It
didn't seem to go away for 2 days, on the third day it was smaller, and
yesterday when my sister took him to the vet's it was gone.  I checked again
today, it's still gone.

My question, what could it have been, and why did it go away?  Could the
antibiotic have affected it?  Do I need to keep worrying about it?

The Mama of Me, Max, Benn, Bear and Hops

--
Elizabeth Watt
Knitter, Spinner, Ferret lover, SLP, (in no particular order of importance)