Date:
Sat, 25 Jan 2014 13:39:04 -0500
<http://www.plosone.org/article/info%3Adoi%2F10.1371%2Fjournal.pone.0085598>

Notice CDV found in FLEAS in the Danish study. To date insect vectors
had not been found for CDV according to a VERY reputable pathologist I
have asked, so finding it in fleas is new. It would be interesting if
that can or can not (cross contamination?) be confirmed. Should it be
confirmed then it will be necessary to see if the fleas are able to
transmit it or are dead end hosts, even if dead end hosts they would
have to be monitored for modifications to the virus that alter the
situation, and fleas elsewhere as well as other insects might need
monitoring, as may various CDV strains to see which have the greater
chance of becoming insect-borne. So, NOT time to panic, but time to
look more closely.

I am finding that my machine hangs when I try to get small quoted
sections so am listing locations as best I can for the mentions of
fleas, and if up to it then the polecat fetuses.

There are 11 mentions of fleas in the article: near the end of the
Abstract, in Materials and Methods (which also mentions polecat
fetuses), RNA Extraction, Identity between Virus Gene Sequences, CDV
in Fleas, and Conclusions.

There are over five mentions I find (again using a Mac search tool) in
regards to the fetus/fetuses: Abstract, Materials and Methods, Vertical
Transmission in Ferrets [Polecats], RNA Extraction, and Identity
between Virus H Sequences.

Sukie (not a vet) Ferrets make the world a game.

Recommended ferret health links:
http://ferrethealth.org/archive/
http://www.miamiferret.org/
http://www.ferrethealth.msu.edu/