From:
the return of weezilarchy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Nov 2001 09:46:57 -0800
>But, when we had our last play session, the shelter had taken in a
>beautiful 10 month old black sable named Brownie (don't ask about the
>name, we haven't figured it out either).  He needed his shots, but fit
>into the "group" rather well.  On Wednesday night I brought him home.
>Of course he's got his own little tricks, that need to be forgotten (like
>how to open the kitchen cabinets and squeeze under the couch), but, in
>time we will fix that.
>
>My big dilemma now is, what to call him?  Brownie just has to go.

sounds like the name's not *too* far off, actually.  brownies are
fae-creatures, like pixies or goblins.  brownies, however, tend not to be
*overly* mischievous, actually helping with the house if they are given
enough gifts and treats.  however, if they are not satisfied with the
amount of offerings left out to them, or feel they are being mistreated,
they cause just as much mischief as a more traditional goblin or pixie.

faeries weren't nice. they just got watered down into miniature women
with flitting wings over time.

so, if he's a troublemaker, perhaps the name should stay!

good luck regardless, and thanks,-now i have another lead to explore
in my quest for a perfect name for the foundling (we've been calling
him Errol, but it doens't want to stick...)

-k-

=====
       (  / \" /
        \(_  \(_   ferrets may nip, but people just suck.