From:
Tamlyn Martinovich-Faulkner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Mar 2002 22:02:27 +1200
well, halfway around the world in little old nz, we're on fire.  we were
informed today that the bill to ban ferts has just been passed (from what
i gather) and will be activated within 6 weeks.  existing ferts will be
permitted to live out their natural lives, and existing fert breeders (for
export and farming purposes) permitted to continue, but no more new ferts
and breeders.  the current law is that you must be licensed to keep more
than 3 ferts on the same premises - future issues re: fostering, vet care,
etc... our small community is fighting this ban, and i would appreciate
recommendations about how we might best go about this (i am speaking for
myself, not on behalf), just in case we've missed something.  also, your
experiences would be appreciated.

thanks very much from a distressed and frazzled kiwi

p.s. the govt's arguments and reports don't make much sense either.