From:
Renee Rider <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 May 2001 09:48:50 -0400
I just had to add one more place to look for a ferret when you fear them
lost.

Last week, the ferret door blocking the stairs of our house was somehow
opened.  After finding all the ferrets up stairs, except one, I was
frantically searching.  I was ringing bells, sqeeking toys, everything I
could think of.

Finally, feeling pretty hopeless, I sat down to call my husband and ask
him if he had any more ideas of where to search.  As I was explaining the
situation, I looked at their cage.  And there he was.  He was asleep, in
his cage, in his sleep sack.

Bah, humbug.  So, I vowed to never overlook the most obvious place again.

Then the next day, Chip (the one who was lost the day before) needed to go
to the vet for his Lupron.  Before going, I let them all out to play.  When
it was time to go, I scooped him up and put him in the carrier.  However, I
couild't find his sister.  Again, I looked _everywhere_.  She wasn't in any
of her favorite places.  Not to be fooled by the cage trick, I looked in
there.  She wasn't there.  After a while, I was going to be late for the
appointment.  I was trying to decide if I should call the vet, or let her
sleep whereever she was and find her when I got back.  During this thought
process, I looked at the carrier and saw her little nose peeking out at me.
She had snuck past me and climbed in there when I was picking up Chip.

Bah!  She just wanted to go see people and be fawned over at the vets too.

renee and her sneekey creatures