From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Sep 2011 23:37:10 -0400
Pivot has been having trouble accepting Ariane ever since Ariane
entered our family (with multiple fights as a result), so we'd been
having Ariane sleeping in a large carry cage with all the necessities
at night and felt guilty about that because she so likes sleeping with
Orville during daytimes after play and he likes that, too. Then a few
night ago we decided from frustration to just let Ariane sleep with
Orville for a few hours at night in the large nighttime cage and put
Pivot in the large carry cage. Well, when Pivvy was offered the chance
to switch cages afterward she refused. She PREFERRED the carry cage.
Except for people (whom she adores) she always has been a bit of a
loner, and it turned out that private time away from other ferrets was
exactly what she wanted. Apparently, she was jealous of Ariane on that
score. So, now all the ferrets are so happy at night that we are also
able to have them together during the daytime without fights. When it
came time to go to bed tonight even though it is only her third or
fourth night in the carry cage Pivot just ran right into it instead of
letting us have a chance to decide. Heck, this works and we are not
about to complain about that!

Sukie (not a vet)

Recommended ferret health links:
http://ferrethealth.org/archive/