From:
Date:
Fri, 4 Apr 2003 20:58:03 EST
Hello everyone!  Its been a while since I have posted I mean to everyday
but work and the shelter keep me pretty busy.  This week we had 11
ferrets turned in, what a week.

We did 3 surgeries, Dink had nodules off his pancreas, he lost 3/4 of his
pancreas but is recovering well.  Del Ray had 2 hairballs removed and
adrenal surgery and Coolwhip had both adrenal gland tumors removed, both
are also recovering well.

We haven't had any adoptions yet this week but have many wonderful
ferrets ready to go into loving homes.

I still have my family of 4 that were my casualities of war.  I would
like to keep all four together and if anyone is willing to take them
please contact me, they have a large multi-story cage that will go with
them.  They really need a place to call home.

We are also ending our March Madness raffle, we have 5 great prizes to
give away, so its like entering 5 different raffles.  All the proceedes
are going directly to our vet to help pay for the surgeries that have
been done this week.  We haven't sold may tickets yet but there is still
time to enter, so please visit our website,
http://geocities.com/a_24k_ferret/index.htm,
and check out the great prizes.  I know there are so many raffles and
fundraisers going on right now, so any ticket sales would be greatly
appriciated.

We are also going to be revamping and updating our website soon, so keep
checking to see the new faces of our shelter kids.

Meadow Soprano was one of the ferrets that went with us to Pet A Palooza
last week, she was on stage in her Tazzies wheels and did a great job of
showing eveyone just how good she gets around.  She got many ohhs and
ahhhs from all the people watching her, she is such a special little
girl.  Being paralized hasn't stopped her from getting the most out of
life.

Thanks to all of our wonderful helpers at Pet A Palooza we had the
biggest and fun booth there.  So many people came by and enjoyed the
ferrets.  We'll have pics up as soon as I get the pics developed!

Well gotta run, so take care to all and have a great weekend.

CJ
24 Carat Ferret Rescue And Shelter
"Where Ferrets Are Treated Like Gold"
Las Vegas, Nv.