From:
Shirley Larsen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 May 2007 14:28:18 -0700
Greetings to all of you and your fuzzies,

I have made an outdoor enclosure so that my kids can have another place
to fool around. It has a small fountain, a big digging area, some lawn
type grass, non-toxic tall grasses that they enjoy hiding in, a tube,
several little places where they can get out of the sun if they want
and a few other toys. The problem is this. Part of the area is just
the original soil that has always been there. It doesn't have weeds or
anything bad, but it is just hard and dry.

What would you consider a good ground cover - something relatively soft
on their little feet? Should I just give up and plant more grass or get
a couple of strips of sod? I don't think any of the bark mulches would
be a good idea and I know that sand is a no-no.

I would enjoy hearing opinions and ideas.

Shirley