From:
Caitlyn Martin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Aug 2003 16:26:21 -0400
Hi, everyone,

First to Bob: Wonderful posts!  Thank you.

To everyone else: Bob makes the point that enriching your ferret's lives
can be easy and doesn't have to be time consuming.  Here is an example
that proves the point, I hope.

We have a large set of tunnels, both the flexible kind and the hard
plastic kind, plus the plastic rings to join them and some of the big
plastic balls with round holes that the tunnels can go into.  We have
T shaped tunnels to create the junctions Bob refers to, and our tunnels
branch horizontally AND vertically.  Our ferrets run in the tunnels every
playtime.  However, the longer the tunnels are undisturbed the less the
ferrets use them.

We regularly rearrange the tunnel and ball system.  Every time we
significantly change the tunnels the ferrets spend more time exploring
them and wrestling in them.  I have to assume that have a new arrangement
is more interesting and they are curious about it.

It's so easy to do this, yet how many owners probably don't take the time
simply because they were busy or just didn't think of it?

All the best,
Caity and the non-stop nine