From:
jennifer robertson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Oct 2009 09:49:11 -0700
Hi,

Ferret Dreams Rescue and Adoption just took in a 10-month-old ferret
who needs help. Apparently, this little gir had a bad fall and is
now paralyzed with no hind leg mobility. She came to Ferret Dreams
yesterday (Saturday afternoon), and she has an appointment at the vet's
on Monday. She's so young - if she can get through all this, she'll
still have all the cuiriouity and energy of a youngster. But her
handicap will limit her capabiliyty to satisfy the need for all those
fun ferret activities required for healthy mental stimulation...
espeially for such a young little ferret.

Here's the question...
I seem to recall somebody posting something about a homemade sled-like
device that was working better for paralyzed ferrets than the carts
with wheels. I want to recall that this "sled" was made from a
light-weight plastic tube that was cut lengthwise so the ferret did
not fall off of the device???? The sled could slide over transitions
between carpets and hard surfaces.

As a small girl, this little one may have trouble with a cart that has
wheels. I have searched the archives from this list and the FHL with
no luck of finding infomatiom. If anybody has any information on this,
please post it - or you can respond directly to me. I prefer that this
information be posted because I'm hoping every shelter will save this
info - just in case they get a sad situation such as this one. Any
information will be greatly appreciated.

For anyone interested in following our progress with this sweet little
furball, information can be found at the Ferret Dreams Rescue and
Adoption web site (go to the Medical Updates Page). Donations can be
made directly to the Ferret Dreams medical fund via Paypal for those
who may have a few extra dollars to help this sweet little girl. Here's
the link: http://www.ferretdreams.org/
Her name is Lil Nibbler, and your heart will break when you seen her
picture.

Many Thanks for any information and all the good thoughts and prayers
for Lil Nibbler.

Kindest Regards,
-jennifer