From:
Sheila Crompton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Jan 1997 21:02:34 GMT
I wonder if anyone on the FML has heard of ferrets suffering from epilepsy.
A friend's ferret will be playing and then it will lie down, its body goes
rigid, Betty says that its jaws are clenched shut and that there appears to
be foam around its mouth.

The vet, an excellent ferret man, thinks it might be Hypoglycemia but he is
not discounting epilepsy - if anyone has an information regarding epilepsy
in ferrets I am sure both Betty and the vet would be very appreciative.  BTW
Betty has 82 ferrets in her care and is very dedicated to looking after all
her charges.

I am up to 35 ferrets now with yesterday's rescue.  I had the unpleasant
task of removing a stray/escaped ferret (a lovely sandy hob) from a rabbit
hutch - I wish folk would take more care of their ferrets, it's not nice
seeing the bodies of two lovely silver grey pet rabbits.  The lady didn't
blame the ferret but I bet she would like to get hold of the ferret's owner,
I'd like to get hold of him/her as well!!!!

Sheila

http://www.btinternet.com/~sheila/ferrets.htm
Bolton Ferret Welfare & Newsletter Editor of the
National Ferret Welfare Society of the UK
The opinions expressed by me are not necessarily those of the NFWS