From:
"William L. Sebok" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Mar 1996 23:56:25 -0500
Debbie Riccio <[log in to unmask]> says:
>I have 2 condos, and in my experience, they are a waste of space and money.
>When my ferrets are in their cages, they sleep, eat, and poop.  Nothing
>else.  They don't play in them, they don't run up and down the ramps.

I disagree.  I think that it depends on how much of the time they are let
out.  Our 5 ferrets typically get out about 1 to 1 1/2 hours a day.  Because
of my wife's allergy to ferrets, they stay in their cage to confine their
allergens to the vicinity of the cage.  Ferret playtime is in a play room
that pretty much only I can enter.  Recently we purchased a 3 storey cage to
replace, or supplement, the older 2 storey cage.  I say supplement because I
intend to eventually connect the two together.  I consider it to be a good
investment.  Ferrets that don't get out that much need more room in their
cage.  Some playing indeed does take place in the cage.  Also, even when
ferrets are spending time sleeping they still like to move around between
sleeping places.  I think that they are happier in the larger cage.  They
would be still happier if they were loose, but since that is not possible,
being confined to a large cage is better than being confined to a small one.

Bill Sebok