From:
Ken Loomis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Apr 1996 22:01:22 +0800
I know I've been away from the FML for awhile.  Apologies to those that have
asked and haven't received replies.  Lots of things happenin'; some good,
some not quite so good, but I wanted to share something that I think is VERY
funny.

With all the talk lately about "dryer tubes", I thought the group might like
to hear about my latest deviant invention.  Recently, I went out and bought
2 white plastic dryer tubes and one aluminum one.  The aluminum one is
expandable (to 8 feet).  I expanded it and then (very carefully) rolled it
up into a coil.  I am not sure how to describe it, but it's kinda looks like
an aluminum dryer tube 'slinky'.

When they climb inside and chase each other thru this contraption, it rolls
across the floor.  I think the only thing that would make it more
entertaining would be "Invisible Aluminum".  ;-) (for those that know about
talking to talk to a Macintosh mouse)

I then took the 2 plastic dryer tubes and taped the ends with duct tape, to
cover the loose wires.  I connected the plastic tubes to each end of the
aluminum tube.  That gives them about 24 feet of 'dryer tube race track' to
play in.

I have to admit that I have trpped Bilbo & Missy inside by closing the ends
of the tubes together with clothes pins so that they can't easily get out.
Yes, I have cut slits in the plastic tubes so they can get air.

They chase each other around thru the plastic tube and the aluminum
loop-de-loop and it wiggles around on the floor.  They are smart enough to
know where the "clothes-pin" connections are and after a while, they poke
their noses thru the opening and get out.  Only to wiggle back in and chase
each other around this crazy amusement pary ride.

just us crazies,
ken & Missy & Bilbo