From:
Gabrielle Lastname <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Jan 2003 15:23:59 -0600
I need someone familiar with insulinomic ferrets to ferret-sit one of my
ferrets over Valentine's day weekend.  I have to travel by plane that
weekend and cannot take him with me.  Mishka eats baby food exclusively,
and needs to be fed at least 3, and preferably 4, times a day.  He has
had ECE (long ago), if that's a concern.  He gets pediapred 1x/day, which
he likes, and a dose of flagyl in his baby food once a day,which he
really doesn't notice.  Every time i have him ferret-sat, the sitters
always love him, since he's developed insulinoma and an aversion to
kibble, he really needs someone who is wiling to hand-feed him several
times a day -- most people just can't do that.

I would provide all food, meds, cage, litter, etc.  Because of the number
of times a day he needs to be fed, the sitter would probably need to keep
him in his/her home.  He is a beautiful DEW, very sweet with people, but
can be overly assertive with ferrets he doesn't know.  However, he
doesn't run around much, so he would be fine in his cage for most of the
weekend.  I would need to drop him off on Friday AM, and pick him up on
Sunday after 5.  I would pay $50 for that time period.  I will also need
somone to sit with him for April 4 - 6, May 1 -5, and for a few days at
the end of July/beginning of August, so this could be a help to someone
who was interested and didn't mind spending the time doing it.

please email me directly if interested.

Thanks much,
Melissa Ince