Date:
Mon, 23 Jun 2008 02:14:16 -0700
Please Help!!! Early March I took in two young beautiful female ferrets
around 6 months Greta and Lilith. They have been in 3 different homes
before us, they were turned over to our rescue because they are severe
biters. The lady that gave them to me says they have definately been
abused. I have been working with them, with welding gloves on of
course. And have been making progress, my daughter got them to the
point where they would at least tolerate for a moment being held, and
now I could at least be in the same room with them, without fear of my
feet and ankles being torn to shreds, they were actually interacting
with me and playing. Two weeks ago they started attacking each other,
so they had to be separated, they seem so unhappy alone, but do not get
along with any other ferrets. Tonight took some big steps backwards
in progress, my daughter picked up Greta to put her to bed, and Greta
started her usual squirming, my daughter told her NO! As usual, then
turned to put her in her cage, and Greta latched on, she could not get
her to let go, this ferret went nuts, screeching, flipping, urinating
all over the place, she finally had to take her over to the sofa and
shake her loose. It was pretty frightening. Greta was still angry,
poofed up, took off came back around and went for my daughters feet,
I scolded her and stomped my foot to get her to back off. My son then
went and got the gloves and was able to put her to bed.

I am at a loss here, I think I have tried every trick in the book, but
I am willing to take any other advice or help any of you folks can give
me. It is a real shame because they are beautiful girls and I do love
them, and would love to be able to pick them up cuddle them and show
them how much I love them.

Thanks in advance
JO ANN
FERRET FRIENDS