From:
Finder Longsorrow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Sep 1998 13:03:15 -0400
>From:    Megan O'Shaughnessy DC <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: sweet blaze  MF sprite in Washington state Petco store
>If anyone in the Mt. Vernon, Washington area is looking for a VERY sweet
>ferret, there is a totally sweet little female fuzzbutt in the Petco on
>College Way in Mt Vernon. They just got a new shipment of babies in; she
>is the only (slightly) older ferret there and the only MF one.

I'd love to adopt an "older" ferret like this but it would just perpetuate
the problem.  Which one of the new babies is going to be there six or eight
months from now with little hope of going to a good home?

In January I purchased just such a ferret from a local pet store in New
Jersey.  He had been there all alone for more than six months, the only
ferret in the group who had not been sold while still in the "adorable kit"
phase.  The store owner had been trying in vain to get rid of him.

I got him cheap after the owner vowed never to stock ferrets again.  He
said he could have a breeder ship him a kit in 24 hours so there was no
need to ever be stuck with an animal that could no longer sell itself.

And this ferret was less than a year old!

It's so sad to think that these loving animals have such a short period of
time during which they have a chance of selling.  Even rodents have a longer
shelf life.

melissa a. durfee