From:
Greeter 421 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Feb 2011 23:42:51 -0500
The sun was shining and a warm breeze was blowing over the Rainbow
Bridge. Oliver and No. 421 were out in their yard doing some shoveling
and general pick-up. Winter was almost over and spring would soon be
here

Bluebird came flying up to the fence with a ticket. "Hi Fellers,"
she said. "Boy it's warm today. I has a ticket here that somehow was
overlooked. Don't tell anyone, but The Receiving Angel was doing some
housecleaning and this ticket was under a pile of papers he had planned
to go through. Chirp chirp."

No. 421 took a look at the ticket. "Hmmmm Oliver, put that shovel down
and see if you can find Kismet," No. 421 said. "I think she is over by
the berry field in that little mound with the new wing that Shay added
last month. Remember, she said she needed an extra room if someone came
up here that she knew, so she had him build one on. Looks like she is
going to need it now."

"Oh yesem, I remember her," Oliver said. "I'll put up my shovel in
the shed and go right away." Bluebird sat on No. 421 shoulder and
rode around while he helped Oliver pick up the shovels and rakes.

"Well, I must be getting back," she chirped. See you around."

Oliver remembered Kismet; she was a cutie. He slicked his hair down
and put just a dab of his aftershave on. He did not shave yet; he just
liked the smell.

Oliver was running over the path to the berry field, in the hopes that
Kismet would be there. It was such a lovely day she might be out
visiting.

Arriving at her mound, there was smoke coming out of the chimney. She
might be baking. This could be his lucky day.

Oliver knocked on the door, and a sweet voice called to come in. Oliver
opened the door and he was right. Kismet was baking chocolate chip
cookies. Chocolate was a "no-no" in his earthly home, but now, he could
eat all he wanted to.

"Mz. Kismet," Oliver stammered. "I'm, I'm Oliver and I belong to, well
that is, I work with No. 421. Ohhhh, that was not right. I'm No. 421's
currier, and he sent me to tell you, you has family that has arrived at
the Bridge."

Kismet put the last sheet of cookies in the oven and turned to face
Oliver. "Who is coming," she said. "I'm not expecting anyone."

Oliver looked at his ticket again. "I think the name is Tilda," he
said.

"Tilda, my Tilda, oh Oliver, where is she," Kismet said? Mz. Kismet,
she is at the Bridge. No. 421 will meet her and I'm here to fetch you,
er, escort you," Oliver said. "You take your apron off and I'll watch
your cookies. When they are done, we will meet Tilda and No.
421."

No. 421 had just settled in his chair when the bridge began to creek.
The Receiving Angel was escorting a ferret over. He held her paw in
his hand and helped her step down.

Hello, No. 421," he said. "This is Miss Tilda, and due to an oversite,
her ticket was lost on my desk so she was a guest at the B&B," he said.
"Her Mom Shanna, will be looking for her, so I brought her over
myself."

Just at that moment, Oliver and Kismet came over the hill. Kismet saw
Tilda and began to run down the path. "Tilda, Tilda, is it really you,"
she said? "I'm sorry for Momma Shanna, but I'm so glad to have family
here. Now I won't be alone anymore."

The two ferrets hugged and kissed each other on the cheek. Tilda told
Kismet she was worried that Mom Shanna would miss her, and asked it
she could send a message back.

No. 421 called Shooting Star and told her she wanted to tell Mom Shanna
she had found Kismet, and they would be together again. Kissmet had
asked her to move into her mound, and the two were already planning to
redecorate the room.

"Tell my Mom I love her and I will wait here for her to come and get
me," Tilda said. Kissmet and I will think of her often and we will
live in her heart forever."

Tilda thanked Shooting Star who said she would deliver the message that
night. Then, Kismet and Tilda started back to their home. Oliver and
No. 421 were going down the path to their cabin when Kismet called
Oliver to come home with them and get some cookies for his supper.

Oliver ran to catch up with the girls, and No. 421 went home to start
supper. He would have it all ready when Oliver arrived, hopefully with
a few cookies left. While he waited he wrote in his logbook, Mission
Accomplished. Tilda arrived, Kismet had just finished a new room, and
so the girls can live together.

The aroma of raisin stew drifted over the air as Oliver opened the door
with the bag of cookies. "I was very good," he said. "I only ate one."

No. 421 had the table set, Oliver placed the bag of cookies on the
plate, and the two sat down to a meal of raisin stew, ferretone tea,
and chocolate chip cookies for dessert, a meal fit for a king.