From:
Sandy E Schieman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Jul 1996 10:33:20 EDT
First of all, let me thank you for your letters of concern and support
regarding my decision to end the Olympic Carrotball posts.  I hear your
words.  They are in my heart.

As I said, it was a very hard letter for me to write.  I knew that it could
be seen as giving in to the terrorists.  The problem I have is that the
bombing was close enough to my home for me to take it as a very personal
attack.  I know some of the victims.  It was out of respect for them that I
decided to end the posts.  Yes, the Games will go on as they should and
must.  Their continuation will help to bring healing to us in our time of
mourning and grief.  However, just as I would not crack jokes at a funeral
or wake, I feel it would be disrepectful of me to make jokes about the
Olympic tragedy.  That's just the way I am.

Not to worry though, my sense of humor is alive and well.  You will continue
to be able to enjoy the antics of Tater and Odie, and their Mee Maw and Paw
Paw on this list.  The gift of laughter dies in the giving if it is not
shared.

Many much loves and thanks,

Paw Paw