From:
The Joneses <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Aug 1999 23:46:55 -0400
*To all*
We would like to sincerely thank those individuals and groups in the ferret
community who have sent us e-mails of support, encouragement, and gratitude
for voicing similar concerns about MF #24.

We apologize for unintentionally offending anyone with our views.  Not
because anyone is right or wrong, but because we did not realize that by
stating our refusal to accept the photos presented in MF issue #24, and
taking action, we were inadvertently attacking the core value and belief
systems of other subscribers.  For that mistake, we do apologize.  We will
not apologize for our good intentions .  based on our love for ferrets.  We
did not mean to imply that anyone whose taste or humor differs from ours
does not love or care for ferrets, or that they are irresponsible ferret
owners.  We certainly did not attempt to segregate the FML population into
groups categorized by "sense of humor."

*To the ferret show judge*
It is quite possible that someone somewhere in the universe, besides
yourself, might think we are ignorant, mean, superior, haughty, vicious
racists AND idiotic, illogical, goofy, sentimentally-laughable
rainbow-bridge twits that are probably on our way to hell as heretics with
only a $3 pocket dictionary.  We also know the difference between children
and pets-we have a child and grandchild.

*To Modern Ferret*
Controversy increases sales, so enjoy.  Freedom of speech exists for
everyone . and, MF, we hope we never "get the joke".  and, yes, we DO
*understand* and enjoy Monty Python.

Thank you again for listening.  We promise not to publicly revisit this
subject; this is it for us, folks.  So, go hug your ferret(s) or your
child(ren) or read your favorite magazine!

Dennis, Leslie, and the Twelve Troubles
Raisin is as Raisin Does .
http://www.erols.com/ferritz