From:
"www.Aarrow-Ranch.Com" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Oct 2000 19:36:09 -0500
Monday (today) I just happened to be in Va Beach again, sudden emergency
work call.  Since Carol is exactly beside the hiway and less than 1/2 mile
out of my way, I dropped in.  THis was just as two persons also from the
Va Beach area dropped off a found ferret.  THe SPCA asked her to bring it
there.  It is in good health so must have only been loose a few days at
best.  If you lost your fert or know who did in the Va Beach area, let me
know or Carol at [log in to unmask]

I got to see more of the 80 ferts she has, and learned she is getting 18
more tomorrow!!!!  Amazing!!!  She has homes for 6 but really needs homes
for 66 ferts.  She has one, a permanent resident, that has no use of it's
back legs.  The little guy is happy as any other fert, and gets around
quite well.  But it broke my heart to see it crawling just dragging his
hind end about.  Just not fair at all.  I held one that was nearly all
bald, but was showing peach fuzz where adrenal had got the better of it.
The little dood was no different than one that was 'properly attired' in
attitude and fert behavior.  Amazing!  I just love seeing all the ferts
play, but the sick ones tear my heart out.  Carol does such a great job
keeping even the oldest, sickest, and most maimed and nursing them back
to the best health they can get to.  I applaud her for her unmitigated
devotion.  She could use food mostly, but other supplies would be
gratefully received if anyone has heart enough to help.  For sure the
ferts would appreciate it.

Well, Tomorrow is another day. Have to put the two guys back in the cage
and let the women out! Ha!  Shift change!

Gordon, Byte-me, Nibble-ed, Kodo and Bud