Date:
Sat, 2 Sep 2000 21:08:55 EDT
Several people have written that their ferret was trying to feed off of a
human.  I really did not understand exactly what that meant.

But Sunny Rhino came into my life with his eyes still not open.  He was
another MF baby ferret whose brother and sister had already died from being
too young to eat kibble.  I syringe fed him every four hours.  I massaged
his little belly.  He could not even walk, and his head was almost the same
size as his body.  He would cry like a baby.  Sunny was sick.  The vet
thought he had distemper, and really did not have much hope that he would
survive.

He was soo small that you could not tell a thing was in my ferret pouch.
I took him shopping and running errands.  My pouch looked empty.

I do not know what this suckling is that your ferrets do, but Sunny comes
up to me often and sticks his head inside my hand.  He then pushes against
my hand, and I close it around his face.  I have no idea why he does this.
It seems to comfort him.  Is this some residual effect from feeding him
before his eyes opened?

I do not know.

Lisette