Date:
Wed, 25 Jun 2008 13:58:48 -0400
In a modest home set on the edge of the Appalachians, two "ladies"
share a room together and are seen tapping on a couple of keyboards. Da
Wolfy is glued to her monitor, when the blue robed one puts her lap top
aside and starts the exchange.

"Peasant. Go fetch me a cup of that black gold from the black still
which you callest coffee."

"Peasant?! I'm Wolfy! For your information, I'm like ... a rock-star in
the ferret community."

"Ummmmm, nooo, that would be Alex. Now, my java bitch, my coffee?"

Taken down a few notches, the snarky Wolfy grumbles back, "I'm busy
with important things here, leave me alone you freak!"

"And what in your world could possibley be more important than the jolt
of the java bean potion? Oh yes, that's right ... you're a "rock star",
so in your mind I'm sure that on top of your list of important things
in this world is taking a ..."

"ORACLE!"

"Tell me what is so important then if it's not some petty Wolfy thing."

"Fine, sheesh, it's Baby Peanut. Look ..."

Wolfy turns her moniter to the Great Ferret Oracle to view the
exhausted mother, Georgia, trying to fetch her wiggling ickle wickle.

"Oh yes, that. Take note the new fur."

"Ut uhhhhh, you didn't know about the Black Footed Ferret baby cam."

"Oh ... I know."

"Yooooooou don't know anything"

"I know ... everything. I'm an Oracle."

" Yah? Yah? Well ... well ... Okay, show me. Show me what web addie if
you already knew about this"

"Ah, yes, the web, a magical and wondrous window into many worlds, a
network of information spun not by our eight legged friend, the spider,
but by peasants ... like you. I have no need to walk through web
addresses to see the baby black footed one."

"I TOLD YOU! I told you, you don't know! He's on the Internet. You have
to view him through a browser page. You don't even know, let alone
where it is."

"Oh I know." The Oracle, lifts her staff from the floor, starts waving
it in the air above the lap top, and chants a magical spell in another
tongue. With a sudden shout, "YON WEE ONE ... APPEAR!", she brings down
the staff giving her computer a mighty tap. Magically, the video cam
stream of mother and baby pop up on the screen all by itself. No web
page to be found."

"FINE!!!" Shouts Da Wolfy. "You know!"

Wolfy stomps out of the room and seeks her new but perplexing
crackberry, er Blackberry for entertainment.

A great smirk slowly creeps across the Oracles face as she looks at the
video stream with great satisfaction. She turns to you and says, "And
now ferret love slaves, a gift for you, if you don't tell Wolfy ..."

Thank you, Ophelia for the great idea and instruction on how to view
only the video outside of a web page with a click of the mouse. ;)

Here's how: For you Windows users, I wanted to point out an easier way
to watch them, without being stuck inside the web page.

Make a new shortcut on your desktop by right clicking on a blank space
and selecting New | Shortcut. When it asks for the location of the
item, enter:

mms://NZPWMserver1.si.edu/bff

and hit the NEXT button. When it asks for name, type "Peanut" and hit
the FINISH button.

Wolfy