From:
William Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Sep 2003 15:37:34 -0400
Blessings to All and condolences to those who have lost a furbaby.

I haven't posted in awhile but I've been reading all the digests.  The
reason I joined this list to begin with was the wealth of knowledge and
expertise I could avail myself of in learning more and more about these
beautiful and magically fascinating creatures.  BUT.....with that said...
why on earth when someone asks for advise or has a question would anyone
answer with belittling, rude remarks?  The reason people ask the
questions IS BECAUSE THEY DON'T KNOW THE ANSWER!  I was reading the story
of the teacher wondering if ferrets would be good classroom pets.  Most
of these public answers have been great but for her to receive negatively
charged or aimed emails is ridiculous!  I've seen other cases of people
asking sincere honest questions and being flamed for it.  Guess what?
None of us was born with a natural knowledge of the care and keeping of
ferrets.  We learned it, through books, through discussions, through
trial and error and yes through some mistakes; sometimes horrible
mistakes.  The point is if we didn't love ferrets and all animals for
that matter we wouldn't ask each other questions about them.  Folks be
kind to one another.  There is enough abuse in the outside world to go
around without us hurting each other in here.  Share your knowledge,
don't lord it over another.

Now if what I've written above doesn't apply to you and you are always
kind in your answers and give others the benefit of the doubt then please
forgive me for taking up your reading time.  If it does apply to you
please think about your next response to a question or comment on here
before you send it.  Please?

Regards,

Hawk & Patrick,
Salem, Faye, Bandit, Bowser, Bailey, Ferry and Sugar the ferts
Pyewacket  & Azriel the cats
and Smokey the African Grey
Blessings to all animals great and small and those of us who love and
adore them.