From:
Yvonne Zoll <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Apr 2005 09:54:45 -0700
Hi guys,
I've been reading all of the posts on the changes over the years and the
advertising, ect., and I have to agree that the list has indeed changed
quite a bit in just the last 5 or so years that I've been on.  I admit
that I am one of the folks who will skim right over the ads for auctions,
fund-raisers, and whatnot, but also anytime I am on ebay looking for
ferret stuff, I specifically only buy from shelters as opposed to other
sellers.

I think Wolfy's idea for anyone posting any form of advertising also
needing to put forth a contribution of a real post as well is a wonderful
idea.  It makes the post interesting to read and I agree would be more of
a win/win thing for the shelters to do.  Not only does your post get read
instead of skipped, but then we also all get to know you, your shelter,
and the animals all the better!

I have made some very dear friends and learned a wealth of information
from this list over the years.  There have been times when the flames or
the advertising got to be a bit too much and I have stopped reading the
entire thing for months at a time.  During those times people like Sukie
,Bill, Wolfy,Alexandra, and Kat(and of course others!) have really kept
the list going and worth coming back to read.  Thanks you guys.  You
make the list fun and informative.

BIG, you do a great job here!  Thank you for putting forth the time and
effort to make this list what it is.  As for your question of "What do we
want the FML to be?" I think that is a great question that can open up
lots of discussion!  So come on everybody, send in your thoughts on what
you would like the FML to be, topics you would like to discuss, stories
you have, observations, anything that you think might add to this
wonderful list and make it even better.  I personally love the stories
that people share about their fuzzies personalities and adventures.  I
love to see questions asked and advice shared by the many knowledgeable
folks here.  I am the kind of person who will read book after book and do
months of research to find out about things that interest me, and many
things I have learned on this list from other ferret lovers have been
indispensable.  Some things you can learn from a book, and other things
have to come from experience...kind of like parenting, I suppose.  These
are some of the things I would like to see more of on the list.  How
about you guys?

Dooks and Hugs!
Yvonne