From:
Mini Tafoya <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Nov 1998 01:23:28 EST
hello everyone,

I am attaching an article that apeared in a newsletter today, that i
subscribe to.  Don't worry, I have posted two times in two days to clear
up some missconception, ignorance or just plain dumb folks.

here is what was posted:

>If you put ferrets in the rabbit barn, make sure there is absolutely
>no way for htem to get out of their cage -- they will be in eating your
>baby buns in no time -- baby rabbits are part of their natural diet.  The
>mice are, ultimately, the lesser of the 2 evils.

>The ferret droppings around the barn are supposed to work, but I've never
>tried them.

yeah we can tell u have never tried it, since she doesn't know a thing
about Ferrets, but sure can pass along rumors.

I had to show this to my husband and son, we all just sat there and ROTF...
I will keep posting, and try to educate these people, as there is an
obvious need.  yesterday a post got my attention as well, as someone said
Get Ferrets for your rabbit barn to keep mice away.  YES, I put in my two
cents worth as well, and stated that a cat makes a better mouse catcher
then a ferret anyday.

Hope all fuzzies are doing well!!!  We added a new addition on Sunday that
came in to our Shelter.  There was no way my son was gonna turn down a
little Black Silver Mitt little girl, that is just a little doll with an
attitude.  She has been an only Ferret with not much interaction, but i can
promise you, that is being made up as I am writing this.  The rest of the
gang have all exepted her, except Sassy...and with time I am sure she will
come around as well.  Only one slight problem....she doesn't have a name
yet???  anyone have any ideas on a very special name for a very special
young Lady???  She is going on 5 mo old.

Hugs to all the fuzzies
Mini
Ferrets "R" Fun Shelter and Rescue
Albuquerque, NM