From:
Stephanie Blue <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Jul 2001 09:31:43 -0500
I wanted to fill everyone who has been asking in on Bo's present condition.
He seems to be feeling a little better.  I am able to get 15-25 ml of duck
soup down him at a time.  I had left some food under our bed for him (where
he prefers to live) and he actually ate a few pieces.  I had to take it
away, though.  I think the hard food may be too much for his sensitive
stomach right now, he vomits it back up.  As a couple of people suggested I
took him off all antibiotics except Amoxi.  I am still using the carafate
and occassionally use Pepcid inbetween carafate doses (only use carafate 4
X daily, I feed him usually 6 times), it seems to calm his stomach down.  I
started him on Pred, I know that can make ulcers worse but I was desperate
and figured I would moniter him closely.  It really seems to be helping, he
has had several slightly formed stools.  I know we are not out of the woods
yet, but he is doing so much better.

I also want to send out an extra thank you to everyone who suggested to mix
meds in heavy whipping cream.  You made my life and Bo's sooo much easier!
I never would have thought to do this.

Thanks again,
Stephanie