From:
"Holender, David" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Aug 1999 21:46:38 +1200
Hi,

I was recently sent some small sample packs of cat food (with an order of
cat litter) and decided to let the gang try them.  I got three packs, all
of which the critters appreciated.

My Ferret Thor especially appreciated one of the packs.  A little too much
in fact.  He was scoffing the stuff down - and I mean really scoffing.
Then it happened; he started gagging / choking.  It only lasted a couple
of seconds, but my heart skipped a beat.

So, if I should encounter a choking ferret again, what should I do?  Pat
him on the back?  Perform the heimlich (sp?) maneuver?  Something else?

On the lighter side it was kinda funning to see him scoff.  It was like he
hadn't eaten for 3 weeks!  Funny though, normally when they get really
yummy treats, its store as much as you can as fast as you can, then go back
and eat it at leisure.

Thanks and regards,
-David and the ravenous ferrets Thor, Grover & Lady Penelope.