From:
Grace Davie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 May 2000 01:31:08 -0500
Hello Everyone,
It's been a while since I read or posted and as I read the past few FML's
I realize summer is again here and our fuzzies are being escape artists of
the finest kind.  They want to have fun and play but very often end up at
the bridge because they are trusting.  My hubby has found a way to keep our
9 fuzzies from chewing through the screens.  Purchase metal bird screen.
The holes are 1/2 x 1/2 square.  Cut to the size of the window plus 1 inch
all the way around.  cut the corners at a slant 1 inch deep.  Bend the
edge and place in window.  Then nail strips of wood 1/2" x 1" all the way
around.  The little escape artists can't chew through and you can open the
window all the way.  The mesh screen is available at hardware stores such
as ace in the garden department or by the roll at feed stores.  It doesn't
help your view of outside, but you will have a secure window and feel a lot
better knowing the kids can't get out.  Well I have shot my mouth off for
long enough.  Take care and blessings to all.

Gracie and the Menagerie