From:
George Shepherd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Jun 2003 08:25:43 +0100
>I am sorry that I offended you with my A.C. post.  Believe it or not,
>Kim Fox and I are *Friends*

From the response to Alexandra's previous post it is obvious that her
friendship with Kim is not well known hence the reason for so many
people jumping to Kim's defence.

>When people are so dogmatic in their beliefs that they refuse to allow
>them to be discussed, held up to examination, or even satired in print,
>*THAT* is true intolerance.

I would agree with Alexandra's statement with the exception of "satired
in print".  Satire means banter or wit which may be seen as harmless fun.
However, satire also means sarcasm, mockery, causticity or travesty; none
of which could be seen in such a charitable light.  I have a feeling that
most people would take exception to seeing their views held up to public
ridicule.  However, I accept that there are others like Kim who are
prepared to take that kind of thing in good part from those she considers
friends.  The difficulty for others is knowing when a person is on the
receiving end of a satirical ( as in bantering) post from a friend or a
satirical (as in sarcastic) post from someone whose intent is somewhat
less than friendly.

George