From:
Lin Talbot-Koehl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Mar 2011 02:38:27 -0500
I, too, live in Ohio, & have an excellent ferret vet -- Dr Mike
Brothers, at the Animal Hospital of Tiffin.

I don't know where in Ohio you live, but one thing to remember, when
it comes to vet fees, that if you live in a more-or-less rural area,
you're going to pay *far* less than people who are near big cities,
or who have "high profile" ferret vets.

I've read about people who've paid up to about $800 for an adrenal
surgery; I've had a few ferrets over the past 11 yrs who've had adrenal
surgery, & I've never paid over $350 for one.

I have an adrenal ferret right now, who's doing fine w/ a melatonin
implant. We've talked about the des implant, & he also quoted me a much
lower price than I've seen others say they've paid. But we went w/ the
melatonin for Minxie, cos he's never ordered the des before, didn't
know how long it would take to get it, & figured we may as well start
w/ something he's worked w/ before. And, at present, she's doing fine,
about 8 mos after the melatonin implant.

Like they say in real estate, it all comes down to location, location,
location!

Lin